Post Hospital Care Ensures Faster Recovery
One of the top causes of delayed post hospital recovery or hospital readmission is insufficient support or a lack of personalized care. If you or a loved one has recently been hospitalized or is scheduled for an upcoming surgery or procedure, you may find the experience of sorting post hospital care to be challenging. At Home Care Assistance of Greater Burlington, we are committed to reducing avoidable hospital readmissions and making the transition from hospital to home as seamless as possible. Our specialized post hospital care promotes a faster recovery period for our clients and provides peace of mind for their loved ones.
Seamless Transition Back to Home
The days and weeks immediately after discharge from the hospital are a critical time for patients. With our specialized post hospital care, a caregiver is present before discharge to ensure a smooth transition from the hospital to the home and to assist with a wide range of daily tasks. Assistance with daily living activities allows individuals in recovery to focus on getting well and achieving an optimal quality of life.
Our post-hospital care services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a nutritious diet, physical exercise, and social interaction
- Completing household chores like cleaning, laundry, and dishes
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for recovery
- Personal hygiene assistance with grooming, bathing, and toileting
- Assistance with walking and wheelchair and bed transfers
Avoid Hospital Readmittance with Post Hospital Care
35% percent of seniors are readmitted to the hospital after only 90 days of being discharged. This usually happens because they did not follow the instructions for medication and treatment or missed a follow-up appointment. In addition to assistance with daily activities, our specialized post-hospital care helps our clients avoid re-admission through the following ways:
- Personalized recovery plan tailored to the patient’s care needs
- Support our clients in therapy exercises
- Transportation for follow-up appointments
- Provide a balanced diet and healthy meal preparation to promote total health
Schedule a Free In-Home Visit
We know that each client is unique. Our caregiver coordinates with our client, their family, physicians, and pharmacists to create a personalized post-hospitalization care plan. Call (802) 231-0415 to speak with a Care Manager today and experience a faster and more comfortable post-hospital recovery for you or a loved one.