A Faster and More Comfortable Post-Hospitalization Recovery
One of the top causes of hospital re-admission or delayed recovery following a hospitalization is insufficient to support or the lack of personalized care. If you or a loved one has recently been hospitalized or is scheduled for an upcoming surgery or procedure, you may find the experience of sorting post-hospitalization care to be challenging. At Home Care Assistance, we are committed to reducing avoidable hospital re-admissions and making the transition back to home, following a hospitalization, as seamless as possible. Our specialized post-hospitalization care promotes a faster recovery period for our clients and provides peace of mind for their loved ones.
Specialized Post-Hospitalization Care Allows a Seamless Transition Back to Home
The days and weeks immediately after discharge from the hospital is a critical time for patients. With our specialized post-hospitalization care, a caregiver is present before discharge to ensure a smooth transition from the hospital to the home and to assist with a wide range of daily tasks. Assistance with activities of daily living allows individuals in recovery to focus on getting well and achieving their optimal quality of life.
Our post-hospital care services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a nutritious diet, physical exercise, and social interaction
- Completing household chores like cleaning, laundry, and dishes
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for recovery
- Personal hygiene assistance with grooming, bathing, and toileting
- Assistance with walking and wheelchair and bed transfers
Avoid Hospital Re-Admittance with Post-Hospital Care
35% of seniors are re-admitted to the hospital after only 90 days of being discharged, usually because they did not follow the instructions for medication and treatment or missed a follow-up appointment. In addition to assistance with daily activities, our specialized post-hospital care helps our clients avoid re-admission through the following ways:
- Personalized recovery plan tailored to the patient’s care needs
- Support our clients in therapy exercises
- Transportation for follow-up appointments
- Provide a balanced diet and healthy meal preparation to promote total health
We know that each client is unique. Our caregiver coordinates with our client, their family, physicians, and pharmacists to create a personalized post-hospitalization care plan. Call (802) 231-0415 to speak with a Care Manager today and experience a faster and more comfortable post-hospital recovery for you or a loved one.